Friday, March 6, 2015

... So yeah, this just happened....


So.... the million gem question of course is, "Am I back?"  You know, I can't really say for certain.  I've logged in, spoken with some folks, and of course, that's always the question I've been asked.

It's interesting to see the impact one positive player can have on others.  When I couldn't give these players a definitive answer to their question about my return, many were a bit disappointed.  One player even told me that my return gives her hope that the game will get better.  I found that really interesting and really flattering.  I had never met her before that I could recall and she confirmed as much.  She went on to say that she was sad when I left the last time, but seeing me in Elderine really got her excited, that if I've returned, it must be a sign of good things to come.  Wow, that's a lot of pressure!

I've been asked a bunch about the merge, what my thoughts are on it, and where I plan to go.  Sadly, again, I don't have much of an answer.  As of this day, I'm signed up for Isya, but I've been asked by a few friends, old and new, to join them in Pagel.  It's such a hard choice.

Bijou has always been home to me.  While I have "vacationed", of sorts, on other servers, I've always come back to where my heart was, the lovely jewel of Bijou, the one server that has truly stood the test of time.  It's truly amazing that so many old players still reside here, nearly 8 years after the server opened!


I've run into a few familiar faces, which is always nice.  In Bijou, we have a buffing machine by the name of fluffytails that's always, and I mean ALWAYS in Elderine, happily buffing newbies and veterans alike.  Most times without even being asked.  It was really nice to see this friendly Guardian still doing what she loves after so many years.  If there's one constant in Bijou, I honestly think it's her.  Much praise to you fluffy for being that beacon of safety in Elderine.  May you continue to do what you love.  While we aren't close friends, I've always had much admiration for someone as selfless as she.  If we end up on separate servers, I will feel some sadness, definitely.

Pressed for time today, so I'll post again later....

Bye for now,
Fatal




1 comment:

  1. Hello there fatal! It would be grand if you could sometime toss out an update re-affirming your current choice to transfer to Isya, or if you've changed your mind to heads out towards Pagel.

    I've been a long fan of the community work and passion you've infused into this community when you weren't away on breaks -- particularly years ago, I think, when you were churning out amazing community-fan driven content like the Fiesta Magazine, excellent guides for archers, and then later on in the years the fun content/blog posts you begun to establish here at fatallace.blogspot.ca!

    My tastes in MMOs have changed since all those years ago when I first encountered some of your wonderful editions of the Fiesta Magazine (I still remember a fond interview with a particular Blue Crab!), but despite my hankering for different sorts of MMO experiences that aren't as grindy as Fiesta, (not to mention I regret the Kingdom Quests are coded so that they are level-locked, I'd love to be able to play those somehow with any group, at any combination of levels, at any time I desire these days, instead of always having to bring a level-appropriate character), there has always been something about the warm brightness and colorful cheer I tend to associate with Fiesta Online's community of fans and players.

    From players and their really wonderful fan art shops and threads on the forums way from Outspark's forums to gamingo, to the kind of fun siggies, banners, artwork, guides, tips, even sometimes the written piece of story or two people would write, it really tends to pull me back time and time again, knowing that the Fiesta Online community seems to retain this spark of cheerful passion and warmth amongst the many circles of community-minded players throughout.

    You've been part of all that in an amazing way. And the opinion that lady mentioned in your post shared about your presence around the community and in-game passing on some kind of aura that things might get better, I'll brook no disagreement with her! She's very accurately portrayed my same feelings on the matter.

    So, with any luck, perhaps I'll be able to use this server transfer/merge period with gamingo to finally move my main hub of active characters from Epith, to the same world you'll be on!

    Just even playing on the same server as you are on, with my main characters from 2007 and older, even if we never meet, would still be a grand experience for me. I'm not sure how long a life Fiesta Online has before someone might try to pull the plug, and succeed, as lots of publishers and companies have done to other MMOs this last decade or so, but what a story I would have, years after Fiesta Online is gone -- I could say with joy that I had the chance to at least spend my remaining time playing my old main Epith characters from 2007-2015 on the same server as folks like FatalLace!

    [Bucketlist Item: Check!]

    Alright, enough fan-chittering and rambling from me. If anything, FatalLace, no matter what you decide on whether to return to Fiesta Online fully, or even what server you choose to transfer to, I hope with all the strength I can muster that the amazing things you have shown to do for game communities you love and have a passion for, will continue to shine brightly as something you'll keep on doing, no matter which game/mmo out there is lucky enough to have you onboard in the community.

    #NoPressure

    Cheers from Epith, and Canada!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails